Before The Collectors ever took humans, they took our days! In a WORLD EXCLUSIVE reveal, we can tell you that Mass Effect 3's plot revolves around Commander Shepard retrieving every missing 31st day of the calendar year. For February, however, it's a personal mission for the month's missing three days (don't tell us you've never noticed). The only reason it gains the 29th day back every four years is an insidious rip in the space-time continuum devised by The Reapers. Next time, Shepard isn't just fighting for humanity, he's fighting for time itself.
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Received BioShock 2 for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Tried playing it twice and it's just not clicking. Going for attempt number three this weekend. Might pick up Greed Corp.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): I'm going to beat Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain this weekend. I'll also be earning some trophies in Uncharted 2 multiplayer, so keep an eye out for me on PSN!
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Bad Company 2 doesn't come out until next Tuesday and the multiplayer beta ended yesterday, so naturally I'm playing ... Bad Company 1. Yep. Seriously. It's a problem.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): This weekend, I'll take up arms with my SVER BFFs in MAG, tie up the plot of Heavy Rain, and make time to dive into BioShock 2.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle):I want to play Heavy Rain, but every time I boot it up, I can't help but crack the hell up. I know the game is supposed to be serious, but between Ethan Mars' dopey, never-ceasing grin to the hilarious context-sensitive actions (next time you get a prompt, try doing the action super super slow and tell me that's not hilarious), I just-- I may not be the type of person who is meant to play this game. Either that or I'm super insane.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Every second I spend typing out this sentence is another second I could spend playing Final Fantasy XIII.
- James Ransom-Wiley: Just when you thought a video game party couldn't get any dorkier: We're throwing a Beatles: Rock Band banger at my apartment for ... Yale religious studies Ph.D. students! At least I can look forward to being in bed by 11:30 sharp.
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): This morning, I cross-examined someone in my very own office! As a result, I missed out on some time I could have been playing Ace Attorney Investigations.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): M.A.G. MAAAGGGGGGG
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): More Starcraft 2 beta until I learn not to get annihilated by a Zerg rush. Plus I had such a good time Firefighting in ODST with Richard Mitchell and some Fancast listeners, that I'm going to keep playing that in an effort to get a last few achievements. And if I can finally get the C&C4 beta to work ... then I'll be playing that as well.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I've got Dead Space Extraction and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom lined up for the weekend. On Sunday, I'm also seeing if Heavy Rain works as a four-player interactive movie night.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I'm continuing to work on Final Fantasy Tactics (and it is work), I'll probably pick up Heavy Rain after really enjoying the demo, and this Sunday morning I'll be playing the running game, as I try to do the Firecracker 5k here in Los Angeles.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) ...
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): The end of Mass Effect draws near. I can feel it. It had better be anyway, because Gamefly just shipped Mass Effect 2. Oh, also some Firefight in ODST (hit me up on Live, GT: SenseiRAM).
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): There are far too many unanswered questions in Heavy Rain for me to NOT play it again to make some sense of its gaping plot holes. Also, I'm finally able to join my brethren in the epic quest to see S.V.E.R. rule the world in MAG.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Trying to get past the character creation screen of Mass Effect. It's the hair, it's just not working for him.)