Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. It's a beautiful near-spring morning here on the west coast, especially since, as of this writing, it looks like we'll finally be getting Patch 3.3.3. That means many things, including changes to raid buffs, new found usefulness for Frozen Orbs, abolition of battleground marks, and some pretty cool stuff data mined out of the patch files. It also means we're just a little bit closer to Patch 3.3.5, which promises a new raid dungeon among other things, and maybe even some gnome and troll love.
Of course, we have an extended 3 AM to 11 AM pacific downtime to get this patch into place, which means you have time to read up on all this stuff. In addition to our Patch 3.3.3 information page, we'll have additional coverage throughout the morning, and you can read our usual roundup of the news from the past 7 days below:
Hot News and Features
- Check our Lich King strategy tutorial video from our newest team member, Vodka's Kinaesthesia!
- Lose yourself in our brand new guide to WoW resources.
- As is only proper, the world first Shadowmourne has gone to a death knight.
- WoW, Casually sums up what we know about the next few patches for casuals.
- The Blues have asked for feedback on tanking cooldowns. Your ideas and critiques may help them shape the future.
- Lichborne slogs through some of the new rune cooldown and mastery hints for death knights.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors discusses Ghostcrawler's latest warrior-related forum ruminations.
- Totem Talk covers restoration gear for the new 80 and discusses fixing elemental scaling.
- Shifting Perspectives takes a solo romp through Karazhan.
- Spiritual Guidance has shadow priest strategies for the Blood Queen, as well as a Discipline 101 guide.
- Encrypted Text helps rogues balance their hit and expertise in Icecrown Citadel.
- Scattered Shots looks at picking the right pet for the right job and has some strategies for raiding Frostwing Halls.
- Arcane Brilliance waxes maudlin about the Frostfire Bolt.
- The Light and How to Swing It offers some all star paladin healing tips.
- Blood Pact covers the last leg of leveling a warlock.
- WoW Rookie's compiled a massive list of basic group terminology in a variety of languages.
- Raid Rx has advice for healing Sindragosa.
- Ready Check continues a study of raid buffs.
- Insider Trader offers advice on advertising your trade.
- We give you the low down on auction house undercutting and other pricing techniques. But then again, sometimes overcutting can work for you too.
- Gold Capped discusses crafting items for the purposes of disenchanting.
- The Art of War(craft) discusses fighting shamans.
- Know Your Lore continues Lore 101 with lessons on time travel and retcons.
- 15 Minutes of Fame chats with a 76 year old player.
- The Lawbringer discusses gold selling and the concept of interference.
- Have you ever had a guided tour of the Deadmines before?
- [1. Local] tells you how you can make your comments matter.