- Of the 32 books featured as New York Times (NYT) bestsellers, 27 are US$9.99. That includes the top 10 sellers.
- All of the remaining five are under $13
- The highest priced NYT bestseller, Poor Little Bitch Girl by Jackie Collins, is $12.99
The pricing war that's about to erupt between the Kindle, Nook and iBookstore will be interesting to watch. Apple has offered publishers the same deal given to App Store developers -- name your price and Apple gets 30%. After receiving pressure from its publishers, Amazon altered their arrangement to mimic Apple's. It seems that, by letting publishers name their price, there wouldn't be room for the $9.99 ebook in the iBookstore. According to Alexander's sneak peek, that's not the case.
We saw our first hint of iBookstore pricing when a leaked list appeared in February, and again after careful examination of the iPad's first television commercial. With one-third of iPad customers saying they intend to use their devices to read books, newspapers and magazines, the potential is huge. It will fun to watch this story develop.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16