Is anybody home? Hello? Hello
? The quiet hallways of Massively HQ seem awfully deserted, but certainly some
of the Massively staff are in this weekend -- even though quite a few have bravely ventured off to the wilds of Boston for PAX East
. The rest of us are tragically stuck at home to play video games and hungrily await the next batch of news from our PAX crew
. If you, too, are stuck at home, wishing you were at PAX, perhaps you'll join us for a while to
mourn our misfortune
talk about the games you're playing this weekend, too.
- Beau Hindman (@spouseaggro): Trying still to get my second house finished in Vanguard. Then, I'm off to the moon in Mabinogi!
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): In EVE Online our corp's wormhole operations using capital ships went a lot more smoothly than anticipated, which will provide me with lots of hands-on feedback for the next EVE Evolved column. This weekend we'll be running a few more sites using some battleships, two carriers and a dreadnought as we figure out how to run the sites in the minimum time possible.
- Dan O'Halloran: More LotRO this weekend. Not only do I have alt fever, but I'm leveling every alt in crafting as well. Don't ask. Also, currently obsessed with the Gauntlet-like dual stick, dungeon-crawling, iPhone app, Catacombs. I thought I had beat it, but then realized I could buy another dungeon to crawl.
- Edward Marshall: Fallen Earth. That's about it.
- Eliot Lefebvre: I'll be rocking it at PAX all weekend with Rubi, Shawn, and Sera. If I'm lucky I might get some stuff from Paragon Studios to play with, but I'm not making bets right now.
- Jef Reahard: Aion and Age of Conan for me, with a small side of Fallen Earth.
- Justin Olivetti (@sypster): Pl...ay? What an intriguing word. I didn't know anyone over the age of 10 "played." Dilly-dallied, yes. Engaged in a whimsical flight of fancy, sure. But "play?" When I became an adult, I put childish things behind me and engaged in activities such as doing tax returns and frowning diligently at the news. What? Fine, I'll be playing LotRO. Happy?
- Kyle Horner (@kylehorner): Some more STO for me this weekend, but also some LotRO for the free week back. I may tinker around in Champions Online, too -- Vibora Bay looks pretty fun.
- Krystalle Voecks (@Krystalle): It's likely to be a light gaming weekend for me as this is the closing weekend for the play I'm involved with. (Wrap party!) As such, there will probably be some Free Realms and Allods Online although I am seriously itching to get back into Age of Conan. I just need to figure out where I can download that "more free time" patch.
- Patrick Mackey: With Revelations launched just a few days ago, it's pretty much a no-brainer that I'll be playing Champions Online this weekend. Amusingly I don't think I'll be spending too much time in the new content beyond what I've done on Test, as I want to get some new alts leveled. We'll see, though.
- Rubi Bayer (@Rubi_): Pfft, I'll be playing. Specifically, I'll be playing DDO Update 4 at PAX! I'll be logging in briefly to Fallen Earth to check in on my gigantic crafting queue. Otherwise? PAX. PAX!
- Ryan Greene (@thatgaynerd): I'll be enjoying Season One in Star Trek Online, of course. And I can't resist the LotRO free weekend. I'm reading the books again for the first time in years, so a free trip to Rivendell is just what the doctor ordered. But mostly I'll be trying to cobble together a halfway decent team on Pokemon HeartGold. Butterfree is so much worse than he seemed when I was younger!
- Shawn Schuster (@SSchuster): Played some APB at their PAX East booth and plan to spend much more time with it, including a media demo that I'll be writing up next week.
- Seraphina Brennan (@sera_brennan): I too will be flying around PAX East with Rubi, Shawn, and Eliot. I expect much work and many interviews, but that only means that there's going to be awesome stuff for you guys to read come Monday! Woo hoo! Exciting times!
- Tateru Nino (@taterunino): Building sets and props in Second Life most of the weekend for a big creative project that I've been working on for a year or so. A little time off with Champions Online would be nice, but I don't know if I'll get the time. Cross your fingers!