It's one thing for a reveal to leak early, it's a whole other issue for it to be announced after intended. When plans change at the last minute – in this case, Gears main man Cliff Bleszinski getting bumped on Jimmy Fallon for Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber – it's hard to stop those gigantic gears of marketing from turning.
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Must play Heavy Rain. But I know I'll play Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): I am playing Blue Toad Murder Files. A terrific PSN game, something I'd call "a rich man's Professor Layton." It's so lovably British.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): My brain has only allowed me to focus on Bad Company 2. Anything else is being forced out, even though I want to continue my ventures through FFXIII and Mass Effect 2 (I'd also like to be able to eat and bathe again). Thanks a lot, brain!
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): Final Fantasy XIII and I are in the early stages of courtship and ... well, she's beautiful and all but, there's just not much of a spark, y'know? We've got another date this weekend; let's see if the magic happens.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): ...
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): I'll be playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with my new (old) brothers in arms, and planning out the 4th edition D&D campaign I'm going to start running next week. (How jealous are you? You should be super, super jealous.)
- James Ransom-Wiley: Gonna try to wrap up this Origami Killer case.
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher) There's a lot of stuff I intend to play this weekend, but the problem with most of it is that it isn't Magic Sword.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): I'm going to try to get into that 3D Dot Hero Game Champ or whatever it's called. But those graphics look OLD.
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): BFBC2 keeps luring me in. When you play with a quality squad, that game rules. When you play with randoms, not so much. Am also still stuck in the StarCraft 2 beta, which is chock full of me getting my ass handed to me. Thinking about putting Demon's Souls back in rotation, too.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'll be taking a jog through the gorgeous Final Fantunnel XIII, before taking a 3D detour through Dotnia.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I'm about halfway through Final Fantasy XIII, and I have so many interesting thoughts about it that instead of just two cents, I could probably give a full twenty cents to someone about the design of the game. That's right, I've got a paradigms.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) I'm going to try and finally get a decent amount of Bad Company 2 multiplayer under my belt. Which reminds me: I should really buy a belt.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): I'd love to keep playing Mass Effect 2, but I can't seem to stop playing Bad Company 2. Beyond that, sporadic chunks of The Longest Journey whenever I can't get to my Xbox.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): I'm going old school playing Final Fight: Double Impact this weekend, as well as taking the reins as the grizzled revenge-seeking soldier Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell: Conviction.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Jammin' to the Biebs)