In a research note on the survey, Munster said, "Apple's dominance in the [consumer electronics] and online music markets is going seemingly unchecked."
According to his findings:
- Plans to buy an iPhone in the next six months have risen from 16% a year ago to 22% last fall to 31% today
- 14% of the kids surveyed already own an iPhone, up from last year's 8%, but down a point from last fall's 15%
- 87% of the kids surveyed own an MP3 player, 92% of which are iPods.
- While 82% of teens download music, only 43% do it legally. But, of that 43%, 92% say they buy their music from Apple's iTunes Store.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 39
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19