Capcom has also announced details of the game's online co-op system. Players will be able to use an "in-game transceiver to call for assistance at any time," and when your buddy shows up, it's game on for tactics like luring zombies into a kill zone or racing around on skateboards (no really -- check the gallery below). That's in addition to the "Terror is Reality" minigame versus mode that we got to play a little while ago, which will pit up to four players against each other in a game show setting.
Dead Rising 2 will be out for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC in North America on August 31, and in Japan and Europe a few short, zombie-free days later.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One