While the pony talk refuses to die down, some people just want it to go away, and luckily for them, there have been other things of note to report. For example, there was also a bit of Cataclysm news this past week. Paladins got their day in the sun with their Cataclysm class preview (along with some extra blue clarification, of course), and we, of course, have analysis for all three talent trees. We also saw the release of a preview of Mount Hyjal, as well as a preview of Vashj'ir, a sunken city of the Naga. There was also a twitter developer chat, where we learned that we'll be able to learn 310% flight for all our current flying mounts in Cataclysm.
No matter what type of news you prefer, you'll have some time to get caught up on it thanks to a 5 AM to 11 AM pacific downtime window. You can check after the break for a list of some of the other odds and ends from the past seven days as well, and, as always, keep it here for WoW news as it happens throughout the day.
Hot News and Features
- Last week, AAFL caught up with High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque.
- The Lil' XT that went up in the store at the same time as Sparklepony caused some annoyance with sounds. The poor guy wanted to play a little too loudly.
- Cryptozoic is rolling out the next WoW trading card game expansion, Wrathgate, on May 25th.
- Shifting Perspective discusses the infamous tree form change.
- Lichborne discusses the basics of frost DPS.
- Totem Talk offers Icecrown Citadel tips for restoration shamans.
- Encrypted Text talks about what wasn't in the Cataclysm rogue class preview.
- In Spiritual Guidance, shadow priests have a bone to pick with Blizzard, and we discuss gemming for raid healing.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors looks at gemming, glyphing, and enchanting for protection warriors.
- Arcane Brilliance discusses spellstealing.
- Battle rezzes may see increased cooldowns in Cataclysm.
- Join us as we do a little bit of beginner's theorycrafting with spellpower.
- WoW Rookie continues looking at the Cataclysm class previews and how they affect leveling players.
- The Overachiever has compiled a list of the 25 most evil achievements.
- The Art of War(craft) looks at the latest class preview changes and how they'll affect PvP.
- Ready Check continues looking at the class preview changes and how they'll affect raiding.
- You can now buy a n00b of your very own from the Blizzard store.
- Know Your Lore takes a look at the politics of the tauren.
- Also, be sure to- *distracted by puppies*