Another work-week is coming to a close which means it's time to ask our staff (and our readers!) what they're up to this weekend. As usual, Massively's writing staff is all over the map on gaming for the weekend -- striving to steer clear of pattern and predictability by playing a little bit of everything. This week, in addition to talking about what everyone's playing, we also asked what everyone's favorite in-game mount was. And our answers? Well, as you'll see in our gallery, they seem to trend to the post-apocalyptic.
- Beau Hindman (@spouseaggro): I will be playing Lord of Ultima and WURM Online this weekend. And plenty We Rule of course.
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): In EVE Online, I've snuck into nullsec on an alternate account with a travel-fit Legion and refitted it for combat. I'm going to try and kill enough NPCs to buy a PLEX for the account within 6 days. Also looking forward to playing a little Runes of Magic. With the new update out, I'm sure there'll be something fun to do. I'm not sure if ships count as mounts, but here's my current EVE "mount." It's a Legion, the Amarr Tech 3 strategic cruiser.
- Dan O'Halloran: This weekend I'll be trying out the new browser-based MMORTS, Lord of Ultima, along with the new iPhone MMO Anrufen Online, In WoW I've been meaning to start a death knight and I suppose now is as good a time as ever. I'll also be running my usual Friday and Saturday night LotRO groups through Mirkwood 3-man and 6-mans. Favorite mount? Druid flight form in WoW, of course. You are the mount.
- Edward Marshall: I plan to play Fallen Earth this weekend, hopefully some Blood Sports on the Public Test Server. There might be a smattering of Mount & Blade in there somewhere, too. My favorite mount is my Combat Buggy in Fallen Earth, aptly named the "Doom Buggy." It mounts twin machineguns and is the bane of Prairie Chickens.
- Eliot Lefebvre: With Issue 17 in the pipe for next week, I'm pushing to get my characters prepped for all the anniversary goodness. I'm not going to have much time on the computer this weekend, in all likelihood, so I'm going to mostly be splitting my time between that and Final Fantasy XIII.
- Jef Reahard: Trying to decide whether to use Aion's double XP weekend for my 41 sorcerer or my 25 spiritmaster. I'll also log some time on my rangers in Age of Conan. As for mounts, no game holds a candle to the dozens available in Star Wars Galaxies. I had them all (prior to the introduction of the card game), and my favorites were the jetpack and the AV-21.
- Justin Olivetti (@sypster): With LotRO's Spring Festival temporarily revived, I'll be gunning for a Blue Roan mount before it closes again. Other than that, I'm feeling DDO pull me back in: must... make... another... alt!
- Patrick Mackey: (@mackeypb): New patch on CO's public test server means finding new exploits, especially since no less than 3 PVP FOTM builds just got nerfed this time around. Also, a lot of new features have been introduced, so we've got a lot of testing to get done. It's going to be a busy weekend.
- Rubi Bayer (@Rubi_): I'll be running around Tyria this weekend celebrating the fifth birthday of my first MMO love, Guild Wars. (Also the acquisition of the newest round of costumes!) I also plan to log some DDO time. Other than that, my 8 year old daughter is having a slumber party this weekend, so I'll be grinding my real life patience title -- limited MMO time this weekend!
- Shawn Schuster (@SSchuster): I'm catching up this weekend with a few games I've missed last week, especially Warhammer Online and Mount & Blade Warband, which has some of the best arena-based multiplayer features I've ever played. You can bet there will also be some Fallen Earth in there as well. Speaking of which, my favorite mount is the Survivalist Dune Buggy in Fallen Earth. It has 40 storage slots, runs on biodiesel and just looks cool driving through the wasteland.
- Seraphina Brennan (@sera_brennan): This weekend is a busy weekend. I have my newly created regular game of Descent: Journeys in the Dark with my friends, then we have the World of Warcraft P&P roleplaying game to do on Sunday as well. But, this weekend is also my first playtest for Wildfire Industries, my very own pen and paper roleplaying system. I'm really nervous about testing it out, but hopefully I'll get lots of good feedback on what's awesome and what sucks about the game! Oh, and EverQuest II, because there's double exp to cash in on!
Now, readers, it's your turn -- what are you up to in-game (or out) this weekend?