The BookArc for iPad is a tabletop stand for the iPad. While we've seen everything from empty tape rolls and carry-out trays used as stands for the iPad, the BookArc is definitely one of the more stylish stands. The US$39.99 BookArc for iPad is a sleek arc of aluminum, outfitted with silicone rubber inserts to keep your iPad from getting scratched while it's sitting in the stand. Depending on which insert you use, you can orient the iPad in portrait or landscape mode, and either upright or tilted.
In the tilted mode, the BookArc makes a wonderful dock for using the iPad with an external wireless keyboard. SInce the BookArc is open on the bottom, you can even use the standard Apple Dock Connector to USB cable to sync and charge your iPad while it's lookin' good.
There's not that much more to say, other than it looks great, it works well, and we're giving one away. That's right, we'll be giving away one of these stands to a lucky TUAW reader, courtesy of Twelve South. To enter the giveaway, just leave us a comment below describing your favorite iPad position -- is it landscape and tilted, upright portrait, or flat on its back?
Here are the details for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment telling us how you like to orient your iPad.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Sunday, May 2nd, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: A Twelve South BookArc for iPad (Value = $39.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 13
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16