Changes coming in the update -- due out May 11 via Xbox Live and PSN -- include a few balance tweaks of most weapons, a slight nerfing of the attack helicopter and an increase in the velocity of tracer darts, making it easier to stick 'em to that aforementioned helicopter. Joy!
Check out the full list of changes after the jump.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 update changelog:
- Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
- Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.
- Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
- Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
- Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
- Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.
- Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
- Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.
- Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
- Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
- Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.
- Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
- Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.
- Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
- Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
- Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
- Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.
- Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
- Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
- Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
- Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
- Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
- Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.
- Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
- Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
- Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.
- Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
- Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
- Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One