By popular request: be warned, the above video features some very enthusiastic karaoke efforts. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, and it may just hurt your ears.
It's a rad bromance weekend and back at WoW.com HQ, it's safe to say that most of us are jealous of the no doubt epic adventures that Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen), Mat McCurley (@gomatgo), Mike Sacco (@mikesacco) and Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby) are having in NYC this weekend. There would be more of an introduction here, but there's just nothing I can say that will top Mike and Fox's previous adventures in karaoke at PAX East, above.
And with introductions (and envy) out of the way, let's go on to see what the rest of the WoW.com team is up to this weekend -- and if you'd like, let us know what you're up to, too.
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): The girlfriend's parents are coming into town. Oh wait ... I have to work! All this new Cataclysm stuff. Yeah, that's it ...
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): The guild went and killed LK already this week, so we'll probably end up dinking around with achievements. I don't mind this at all, as it will get me slightly closer to that 9,000 mark. Woo! Also working on getting the last few achievements done for that elusive rusted protodrake.
- Amy Schley (@wowlawbringer): Graduation! Also, slowly leveling a disc priest and resto shaman through the RDF -- though that means explaining to DPS that the tank is supposed to pull and he's my healing priority. Huntards in heirloom gear seem to be the worst about this.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I'll be interviewing Kruf, legendary Paragon hunter, on Saturday at 6 eastern. I need questions!
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): I'm going to be seeing Iron Man 2 at the grand opening of the drive-in (yes, drive-in!), which should be a great time. I'm also going to be leading my 10-man crew through what is likely to be many attempts on heroic Professor Putricide; we're doing it without AVR-E, aka the right way.
- Dan O'Halloran: Children's Week, of course, in WoW. The dialogue with the Wolvar pup from the Dalaran quest line is top notch. Taking a break from LotRO at the moment, but still playing Pocket Legends on the iPhone, Lord of Ultima in my web browser and City of Eternals on Facebook. Yes, it's a Vampire MMO. On Facebook. Don't hate.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): Busy weekend here, but I am going to try to get a few last Children's Week pets on some of my alts. That doesn't end until Sunday, right?
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): I know I'm terribly behind, but I'm watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time. And yelling at the television a lot.
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives): I'm kind of in between games at the moment. I really, really want to play DAO: Awakening, but I keep putting it off -- same with Brutal Legend. Plus, I'm working and we are just getting killed so far this weekend. So ... probably Fallout 3 on the laptop.
- Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen): In NYC for Rad Bromance 2k10 (aka Bromanticon 2k10) with Rich Maloy, Mike Sacco, and Mat McCurley. I your weekend sucks, it is because we have become the nexus of all that is awesome in the known universe.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): First and foremost wishing I was on the other side of the state right now and very jealous to be missing Rad Bromance NYC 2010! This weekend I'm working on Lodur's enhancement set and making the final push to get my 100 mount achievement. Next week the guild is taking a week off of raiding to recharge our batteries, so I'll be getting in some 10-man action and possibly saying "hello" to our friendly neighborhood Hordies this week ;). Also getting ready for an interview with the producers of Tera on the podcast.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Nothing as fun as Rad Bromance NYC 2010, but I'll be playing the game called "riding my new bike in this awesome weather." Oh yeah -- I got my feral druid best-in-slot, so I'll be having fun bashing faces in too. :D Mm-mmm [Lightborn Spire!]
- Matt Low (@matticus): Iron Man 2!
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): Rad Bromance NYC 2k10, of course! Lots of writing and video stuff this weekend since I got mega behind last weekend. Power Auras article is big-time fun.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): One level to go on my Horde shaman. One level to go. One level. One. This Friday, an orc finally gets to 80. Bonus Question: Why did you level another shaman to 80? Bonus Answer: Because I'm functionally insane.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): RAD BROMANCE NYC 2010, aw yeah ... Which I think means Iron Man 2, good eats, karaoke and many drinks with Sacco, Mat and FVA. Looking forward to tomorrow's hangover already.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I have neglected Peenk all week and intend to RP/level her most of the weekend, when not getting Buffed for BlizzCon or catching up on Dexter episodes.