Johnson replaces Tom Hammond, whose commentary tracks last year were criticized by Madden players as being wooden and lifeless. While it's difficult to program engaging game commentary with pre-recorded audio, EA Tiburon remains committed to improving this facet of its football mega-franchise. With 90,000 lines of dialogue going into Madden 11, players will hear more dynamic play-calling than in past iterations, whether it's when a receiver drops a catch or a running back breaks into the open field.
Above, watch a video of some of the developers discussing the new audio approach in Madden 11. For a preview of Johnson doing some lines for the game, hit up ESPN.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One