"The stick peripheral will detect slap shots, wrist shots, body checks (done with a cross-check motion) and poke checks," the article explains, "with the Wiimote's trigger used as a modifier to perform passes, dekes and other moves." Though the game will ship with the hockey stick, it can also be played with a bare Wiimote and Nunchuk or Wiimote alone.
NHL Slapshot will be officially announced by EA on Monday, according to Canoe. However, the blog already spilled pretty much all the details, including the September 7 release date.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19