Though Xbox 360 sales were much higher last week relative to the console's typical performance in Japan, the clear winner was the DSi LL, thanks to a combination of several factors: a price cut, the release of three new colors of the system, and Love Plus+, the latest version of Konami's breakout hit dating game ... which also coincided with three more special-edition DSi LL systems. See the rest of the top ten bestsellers after the break.
Update: changed "Freedom" to "Frontier" in the headline.
[Image credit: GAME Watch]
Japanese Top 10 Software Sales (June 21 - 27):
- Monster Hunter Frontier Online Beginner's Package (Xbox 360) - 92,807 units
- Love Plus+ (including hardware bundles) (DS) - 84,364 units
- Atelier Totori: The Alchemist of Arland (including special editions) (PS3) - 53,871 units
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3rd Story (DS) - 52,245 units
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - 42,153 units
- Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA - Ohaidoku-han (PSP) - 28,938 units
- White Album (PS3) - 25,672 units
- Starry Sky in Spring Portable (including special editions) (PSP) - 22,423 units
- Ghost Trick (DS) - 20,362 units
- Artistic Taste Classroom (DS) - 20,153 units