"I can't give you a number, but what I mean by an 'amazing success' is that all the stock we built of the Black Phantom Edition has sold out (apart from dribs and drabs)," said Lee Kirton, marketing and PR manager for Namco Bandai Partners UK. "For a game that's been out a long time overseas we believe it to be a success. Reviews scores and coverage have been amazing." He then added that Namco Bandai hasn't sold "hundreds of thousands of units, but we've been pleased."
On Friday, Namco Bandai will launch a standard edition of the game in the UK for a bargain price of £34.99 (€54), five pounds cheaper than the launch price of most new games.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25