Kinect would work when "an experience is developed with sitting in mind," but we hadn't had the opportunity to really test that. In a Gamescom meeting, where we saw the Kinect version of the Xbox dashboard, we tried out the menu system and movie controls to test its recognition of seated users:
- Sitting in a chair: Definitely works.
- Sitting on the floor: Works.
- Reclining while facing the Kinect: Works.
- Reclining with the Kinect at our side: We couldn't get this to work, but we've been told that it will by launch.
- Using another human as a coffee table (should have taken photos!): Kinect recognized the person behind the human coffee table trying to control the movie.