The hunter class received handful of tweaks in last night's Cataclysm beta build 12803, but by far the most significant among them is the removal of the minimum range (sometimes referred to as the dead zone) for hunter special shots. However Ghostcrawler, lead systems designer, was quick to jump into a thread to point out that it was only a bug.
It's as if a million voices all cried out in joy and then were extinguished. Read on after the cut for a full list of the hunter changes in the latest build. As if life were worth living while Blizzard toys with our hearts this way.
Hunter changes in beta build 12803
- Range of almost all shots increased to 40 yards.
- Scatter Shot has a 20 yard range, up from 15 yards.
- Rhumba talent has been removed.
- New BM talent Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera, 2 ranks: "Whenever you are hit by a melee attack, the cooldown of your Disengage is instantly reduced by 2/4 sec. Whenever you are hit by a ranged attack or spell, the cooldown of your Deterrence is instantly reduced by 4/8 sec. These effects have a 2 sec cooldown."
- Marked for Death talent reworked: "Your Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot have a 50/100% chance to automatically apply your Hunter's Mark ability instantly onto the target."
- Bombardment no longer increases the critical strike chance of Volley.
- Silencing Shot no longer deals damage.
- Camouflage no longer reduces movement speed and no longer increases the damage done by the first attack.
- Volley is no longer in the game, though we don't yet know if that is a bug or deliberate.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it; nothing will be the same! In WoW.com's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion, from brand new races to revamped quests and zones. Visit our Cataclysm news category for the most recent posts having to do with the Cataclysm expansion.