New audiophile-grade media player connects to the home network and provides the management of all connected devices and media via the television
BERLIN, Sept. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- IFA exhibition -- HDI Dune today announced HDI Dune Pro, the company's new upscale high-definition media center and the first product to feature HDI Dune Home Technology-a Connected Home Services platform, developed in conjunction with 4Home, that allows home monitoring, media management, and control of all networked cameras, thermostats, lights, etc. from the television.
HDI Dune Pro is the world's first Blu-ray player to support Connected Home Services. "Consumer excitement for Connected Home Services is fueling demand for A/V products that offer superior networking and control functionality," said Konstantin Dyshlevoy, CEO of HDI Dune. "When consumers buy a product with HDI Dune Home technology they'll be able to adjust their digital thermostat or see who is at the front door just as easily as they can enjoy high-definition movies from the comfort of their couch."
HDI Dune has partnered with 4Home to develop HDI Dune Home Technology as the standard for delivering Connected Home Services to A/V products. The technology allows these products to connect to the home network and display a control interface for monitoring and managing all connected devices and media via the television.
"HDI Dune is constantly innovating with consumer electronics, and their culture of being first to market with the latest technology was paramount to our joint development of HDI Dune Home Technology," said Leon Hounshell, CEO of 4Home. "This technology represents the culmination of HDI Dune's experience with innovative A/V product development and 4Home's expertise in advancing software for Connected Home Services. Together, we've led the way for a new generation of smart A/V devices that will become increasingly pervasive in the home."
HDI Dune Pro
HDI Dune Pro is the ultimate HD entertainment center. Designed with the discerning and tech-savvy consumer in mind, HDI Dune Pro features a true audiophile-grade power supply and internal components for superior quality with both 7.1-channel digital and 2-channel analog playback. It also comes standard with a Blu-ray disc drive, a 3.5" SATA HDD rack, Ethernet and WiFi networking capabilities, and HDI Dune Home technology for Connected Home Services.
HDI Dune Pro will be on display at the IFA exhibition in Berlin on September 3rd in HDI Dune's booth (Hall 3.2 Stand 111). Product availability is scheduled for the end of October with an MSRP of EUR 1990 (incl. VAT). For a list of global retailers, visit: www.dune-hd.com/where_to_buy
HDI Dune Home
HDI Dune Home technology taps into the value of the home network to allow users to control and manage all connected devices over a unified interface. In the case of HDI Dune Pro, this interface is presented on the television and accessed using the supplied remote control and a simple setup wizard. The following service capabilities are standard:
The HDI Dune Home Monitoring service lets users monitor and manage IP cameras with the capability to stream live video, record it to local and remote storage, manage camera streaming options, share IP cameras and recordings, in addition to basic functionality such as playback, fast forward, tagging, and archiving to a hard drive. This service provides users with home security when they are on vacation, at work, or away.
The HDI Dune Home Control service lets users control lights, appliances, HVAC systems & thermostats, motion detectors, door locks, and a variety of other home devices compatible with supported standards.
The HDI Dune Home Mobile user interfaces let users enjoy the full spectrum of Connected Home Services from their smart phone. Alerts and notifications promptly alert users to events in their home and are available on any mobile phone with SMS capability.
About HDI Dune
HDI Dune is a global leader in cutting-edge entertainment and lifestyle products for the home. Its Dune HD and HDI Dune lines of high-definition A/V components feature the latest consumer technology, including HDI Dune Home, a new platform that lets consumers manage their home's connected devices from the television. Visit www.Dune-HD.com for more information.
4Home is the leading provider of Connected Home Services, which include energy management, home security and monitoring, media management, and home health. 4Home, Inc. is based in Sunnyvale, CA, USA. For more information on 4Home and its award-winning solutions, please visit www.4Home.com.
SOURCE HDI Dune
Back to top
· High-end toroidal power transformer: ensures a low level of interference in the power supply, for clearer, more transparent-sounding music and more vivid and precise video
· Wolfson WM8741 DAC: high-performance audio supporting 16-32 bit audio and sampling rates up to 192 kHz
· Dedicated balanced and analog outputs: XLR stereo outputs and RCA 7.1 multi-channel outputs for high-quality connections
· Balanced AES/EBU digital output: supporting PCM-encoded audio at 48 kHz or CD-audio at 44.1 kHz for the highest quality digital stereo
· Vibration dampened chassis: the unit weighs in at over 22 lbs. and is dampened to isolate and improve the performance of the optical disc drive and internal HDD
· Pure Audio bypass switch: for listening to the music directly, with video output electronics disabled
· Sigma Designs 8642 media processor: excellent playback performance across a range of media and support for cutting-edge interactive features
· Sony Blu-ray deck: the latest model to support the latest
· RealD: 3D video support
· HDD, MKV and Network players: for playing content directly from the HDD, playing HD and SD video over MKV, and streaming networked content
· HDMI 1.3: for delivering the best performance from HD video and audio sources
· SD card slot: SD card support
· Support for: NAS access, BitTorrent, FlashLite, Internet Radio (HTTP/MP3), IPTV (multicast UDP/RTP), Digital TV recording, and Internet browsing
· Processor: Sigma Designs 8642
· RAM: 512 MB
· Flash memory: 512 MB, expandable with a HDD partition, USB flash drive, or SD card
· Media sources: internal HDD (SATA 3.5"), built-in Blu-ray drive, external HDD (USB), external optical drive (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in SD card reader (SD/SDHC), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources (HTTP, multicast UDP/RTP)
· Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264; support for very high bitrate video (up to 50 MBit/s and higher)
· Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, Blu-ray-ISO, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
· Optical disc formats: data discs (CD/DVD/BD) (MP3, JPEG, etc), Audio CD (PCM/DTS), DVD-Video (retail and user-authored discs), Blu-ray (retail and user-authored discs)
· Blu-ray playback: Blu-ray menu, BD-J, BonusView, BD-Live – for both Blu-ray discs (retail and user-authored) and full Blu-ray structures (Blu-ray-ISO, BDMV) played from HDD and network
· Video output modes: wide range of supported output resolutions (up to 1080p) and framerates (including 23.976p, 24p, PAL, NTSC)
· Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual
· Audio codecs: AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS, MPEG, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, EAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)
· Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, FLAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), Ogg/Vorbis, WAV, DTS-WAV, DTS, AC3, AAC
· HD audio support: pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) and decoding (up to 7.1 channels) of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA audiotracks (Blu-ray, TS, MKV), pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) of multichannel LPCM audiotracks (Blu-ray, TS, MKV), decoding (up to 7.1 channels) of FLAC audiotracks (MKV, external)
· Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (Blu-ray, TS, MKV)
· Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
· Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS
· Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
· Audio playback functions: browse playlist, repeat, shuffle, ID3 tags, plasma TV burn-in prevention
· File systems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), NTFS (read-write)
· Ethernet: 10/100 Mbit (with 1000 Mbit/s experimental support)
· WiFi: optional 802.11n WiFi (via an external USB WiFi stick, not included, D-Link DWA-140 recommended)
· Dune Network Playback Accelerator: special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs 864x platform and enabling smooth playback of any supported kind of media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
· Weight: 10.3kg
· Dimensions: 433 mm (L) x 399 mm (W) x 210 mm (H)