Anyway, right off, you'll notice some huge buffs to shaman weapon imbues, but they're not actually buffs. The increases in attack power, healing and damage are just adjustments to bring the values up to Cataclysm levels. Other major highlights include tweaking to the enhancement tree and restoration abilities, which we'll discuss after the jump. There are cookies.
Or maybe I should have said "cookie cutters." Check it out for yourself.
- Windfury Weapon now deals damage equal to two extra attacks with 4,430 extra attack power (up from 1,395 attack power)
- Flametongue Weapon now increases total spell damage by 750, up from 235.
- Primal Wisdom (talent) is gone.
- Primal Wisdom (passive) *New* -- Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your base mana.
- Unleashed Rage is now a two-rank talent, down from three ranks. Now increases expertise by 4/8 (up from 3/6/9), increases all party and raid members' attack power by 5/10% (up from 4/7/10%)
- Earthliving Weapon now increases healing done by 531, up from 167.
- Healing Wave base healing value reduced by 25%. Mana cost changed to 9% of base mana, up from 6% of base mana.
- Mana Tide Totem no longer restores mana, now increases the spirit of party members within 40 yards by 200%.
It's possible the change is just a tweak to the spell's spellpower coefficient, though (in which case a change to the base value would make sense), but right now it's hard to be sure what the motivation is without more information from the developers. (Priests are actually receiving an identical change this build, if you're curious.) Joe will keep you posted on more details in the future.
The other restoration change to Mana Tide Totem isn't too much to panic about, either. It's likely just to keep with the continuity of healers' using spirit for regen, though I'd expect that it is a slight nerf, since other healers' regen cooldowns have received nerfs in the percentage of mana they return compared to what they did in Wrath. On the plus side, the change will ensure that Mana Tide Totem remains a tool for healers and not any caster DPS (say, an arcane mage.)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it; nothing will be the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion, from brand new races to revamped quests and zones. Visit our Cataclysm news category for the most recent posts having to do with the Cataclysm expansion.