Picking up the game on XBLA nets players some "exclusive" Avatar award items in a "Barnes" helmet and body armor, each of which must be earned through game objectives ("killing a set number of aliens" and finishing the single-player campaign, respectively). The title arrives this Wednesday on both XBLA and Steam.%Gallery-102776%
Taking the fight to the Alien Invaders!
London, UK- September 20th, 2010 – Continuing the phenomenal success of Alien Breed™: Evolution (XBLA) and Alien Breed™: Impact (PC, PSN), Team17 are very proud to announce the official release date of Alien Breed™ 2: Assault on Xbox™ LIVE Arcade and for PC via Steam as Wednesday 22nd September 2010.
Alien Breed™ 2: Assault is the second chapter in the Alien Breed™ series, and is an explosive science fiction arcade-shooter with an epic story, swarms of highly intelligent alien enemies and highly detailed environments, developed using Epic Games' Unreal® Engine 3. Assault finds the player taking control of Conrad, Chief Engineer aboard the dying ship Leopold and continuing his fight for survival across the fatally damaged space vessel. His only hope relies on reigniting the alien space craft's monstrous engines to rescue him from impending annihilation, but to do this he will have to survive wave after wave of relentless alien assaults. In addition to the thrilling single-player campaign and all new "Survivor" modes, the game also offers action-packed, two-player online co-operative battle modes.
"As the second adventure in the Alien Breed trilogy, we're really happy with how much Assault adds to an already strong gameplay formula. We've got some awesomely destructive new weapons to purchase and upgrade, two monstrous new boss battles, and some really exciting set-pieces", says John Dennis, Head of Design at Team17 Software Ltd. "Add to this our brand-new Survivor Mode, which pits players against relentless waves of enemies in either single-player or two-player co-op, and the stress-inducing, claustrophobic experience of moving ever deeper into a space station infested with blood-thirsty aliens, and you get a very strong offering that we hope will please both Alien Breed fans and players new to the game alike."
· NEW - "Survivor" mode: Resist endless waves of intense alien horde attacks in specifically designed arena environments, or team up with a friend in order to reach the highest score in two-player co-operative assaults!
· NEW - Set Pieces – Fight the breed through stunningly choreographed action sequences.
· NEW – More equipment to combat the horde including Hardened Armour and new weaponry:
o Hyper Blaster – a destructive chain-gun.
o Rocket Launcher – blow the horde away!
· NEW – Alien Foes – Enter into conflict with the all-new 'Webber' alien and endure dramatic encounters with new and shocking bosses.
· Epic Single-Player story mode - The single-player campaign mode that follows the continuing narrative of the game through five huge and challenging environments.
· Two-player co-operative play mode – Work together to defeat the alien horde across specially customised assault maps for two players, over Steam or Xbox™ LIVE Arcade.
· Exclusive Xbox™ LIVE Avatar award items – 'Barnes' Helmet and Body Armour (male and female versions) awarded to the player by killing a set number of aliens (the helmet) and by completing the single-player story mode (the body armour).
Alien Breed™ 2: Assault carries the following age ratings:
· ESRB rating and any required descriptors: Teen – Animated Blood, Language, Violence
· PEGI rating: 16+ - PEGI Online, Violence
· OFLC rating and any required descriptors: M – Violence
· USK rating: 16 Jahren
About Alien Breed™:
Alien Breed™, recognized as one of the foremost Amiga games ever released, was launched in 1991, developed and published by Team17 Software Ltd. It proved an instant success, with the Special Edition version spending an incredible 33 unbroken weeks at the top of the UK Sales Charts. A sequel was released in 1993 (Alien Breed 2) and a 3D edition, both of which won numerous awards. The well-loved series had lain dormant for 14 years, until December 2009, when it arrived in stunning fashion with the production-heavy 'Alien Breed Evolution' on Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade achieving Christmas No. 2 sales position on Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade.
Alien Breed™ 2: Assault is Developed and Published by Team17 Software © 2010. Team17 Software and Alien Breed 2: Assault are Trademarks or Registered trademarks of Team17 Software limited. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
About Team17 Software Ltd.
Team17 Software Limited (Team 17), celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information about Team17 products can be found at www.team17.com.
About the Unreal® Engine.
Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 - 2010, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The leading online platform for PC games and digital entertainment, Steam delivers new releases and online services to over 25 million PC users around the world. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 91
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22