Given the number of things you have to keep track of in a day, sometimes a simple task manager -- the kind that reminds you once and then waits until the next day to tickle you again -- doesn't seem adequate. If you wish you had a snooze button for your tasks, maybe Bugger (US$0.99) is worth a look.
Developer ZZTech built a tool to solve this problem, and it does the job pretty well (note that it requires iOS 4 and a backgrounding-capable device). You can create reminders for any future date and for an assortment of categories, then set a 'bug level' of every 10 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly, daily or weekly -- and if none of those intervals suit you precisely, you can customize them. After the reminder trips, you'll get on-device background notifications every time the clock ticks around until you either get 'er done or delete the reminder.
There's no sync to desktop or cloud task managers, and none of the power features of higher-echelon GTD tools, but in this case you probably won't miss them. For speedy, gotta-finish task tracking, Bugger gets it.
We've got 10 promo codes for Bugger to give away, and all you need to do is leave a comment below telling us what task is most likely to slip your mind.
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter leave a comment on this post about your most misremembered task.
- The comment must be left before Friday, September 24 at 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- 10 winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: One copy of the Bugger app (Value: US$0.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 41
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19