Lisa Poisso as Prupher, the proofreading druid
Prupher got her bear form and shows it off in the gallery below.
Robin Torres as Robinemia, the Forsaken mage
I was hoping that the Darkmoon Faire cannon on Thunder Bluff would shoot me safely down to the faire. Instead, it shot me rather unsafely to Bloodhoof Village. Am I doing it wrong? Anyway, this whole Darkmoon Faire turn-in thing is very confusing. I seem to need to be more experienced before they will let me give them any more of your donations. So, please don't donate anymore faire items to the cause until further notice. Thank you. I guess I'd better stop dreaming about the future and get back to my Insane chores if I want to get that title.
Robin Torres as Peenk, the gnome priestess
Clicking the above screenshot will take you to the video of last Wednesday's stream
, starring Peenk and her friendly neighborhood worgen protectors. Here are some spoilerific notes:
- Rorak (I think that's how it is spelled) is the worgen above whose name is not displaying.
- Don't be alarmed by the fact that Kharanos looks almost exactly the same as in the live game and that the first few quests are also identical. The quests are more linear, tell a slightly different story and eventually lead you to a series of new quests. It's just slow to get going after all the fast-paced changes in the previous zone.
- The dwarves are still all about brew. Cataclysm hasn't changed this.
- Do you like the Beer Basted Boar Ribs quest? You do? Really? Well, you're in luck! It's still there.
- I am totally digging the gnome/priest combo. I am definitely taking Peenk to live.
- The priest trainer is a dwarf in a dress in the inn at Kharanos. He is probably there in live, too. I just never noticed him.
- I have probably mentioned this before, but Cataclysm is far less grindy than live -- fewer "collect these drops" and more story progression.
- The Rumbleshot Ammo dwarves still do their little skit, as of this writing.
- Archaeology = yay! Also, duh.
- I think all races should have access to all classes, with the exception of druid. Yes, if the class isn't native to the race, there should be a disadvantage. But I completely understand why that isn't in the game, with all of the balancing issues and such.
- I love playing Peenk, but honestly, the gnome zones just aren't as interesting as the undead zones.
- Fun fact you probably didn't want to know: I never really liked playing gnomes before I got pregnant. I guess the knowledge that I would some day have a teeny, pigtailed, adorable, sometimes obnoxious geekling running around made me more amenable to gnomishness. By the way, The Spawn thinks everyone should play gnomes or at least characters with pink hair.
- I agree with Cutaia that there should be a tabard tab. Or maybe a transdimensional wardrobe bag? Whatever it is that allows us to have dozens of pets and mounts in our pocket should also be applied to these collectible pieces of clothing.
- My first gnome was named Peenk, but she was an EverQuest gnome rogue. There is a romantic-turned-scary story behind the name, but we don't speak of those things. Well, sometimes we do.
- The throwing knives sound effect really does sound like someone is emptying the dishwasher and throwing a handful of spoons at you.
- Funsuckers suck.
- I try to treat stream griefers the same way I treat PvP griefers. I leave and go enjoy myself elsewhere. Raging against funsuckers gives them power.
- /snicker at "ultrasafe" being applied to any gnomish technology.
- Very late deployment, indeed.
- The stream gets to the ultra-new stuff at about 1 hour and 15 minutes in. Everything before that covered just slightly adjusted old quests. They are still fun, but it kinda feels like Blizzard spent less time there than it could have.
- This Wednesday, we'll put a poll to choose Peenk's spec.
- I still love this game.
Please join us on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H) in <It came from the Blog>. Guild ranks of "Blog Lurker" or above can invite, so /whisper Robiness or any online member. You are all welcome as long as you play by our simple rules -- basically, don't be a funsucker! Visit the guild FAQ for more details.