There's no denying that there are a lot of guitar apps in the App Store. But how do you use them with your iPhone or iPod touch? Usually, you put the iPhone onto a table or music stand, where it's apt to get fumbled the next time you try picking it up to look at lyrics.
Castiv has come up with a good solution: put the iPhone or just about any other phone-sized device right onto your guitar with a little gadget called the Guitar Sidekick (US$29.99). You clamp it on the neck of your guitar, and then use the iPhone as a scrolling reminder of lyrics, as a tuning tool, as a practice metronome, a recording device, and more.
Castiv and TUAW want to give one of these little wonders away to a TUAW reader. To enter, just leave us a comment telling us which song contains your favorite guitar solo. Here are the details:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment with the name of the song containing your favorite guitar solo.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Sunday, October 10th, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and receives a Castiv Guitar Sidekick valued at $29.99
- Click here for complete official rules.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 40
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19
Apple iPod touch 6th-gen