If the posture looks a little familiar, it's because the Tree apparently shares the male orc's skeleton and animations (at least for the moment), although I'm having difficulty locating the YouTube video that a player claims to have seen of this. The new model isn't yet live on the beta, so unfortunately I can't yet get a video for myself. EDIT: Thanks to our readers, it's been located -- go here.
I really like the new model, but I'm surprised that Blizzard thought it was a priority for an update given the Tree of Life's new status as a Metamorphosis-like cooldown. Bears and cats finally got their update in patch 3.2, so I'm hoping that Moonkin, Travel and Aquatic Form are next on the list. At any rate, it's a spot of good news (well, to me, anyway) in a patch where cat DPS has nose-dived, bears are going crazy trying to hold aggro in 5-mans, and trees are ... well, no longer trees. Past the cut you'll find a quick note on the WoW Insider team's take.
While I liked the form, reception was somewhat mixed behind the scenes here at WoW Insider --
- "Kinda like John Kerry cerca 1978."
- "More like a Kennedy than a Kerry."
- "The 1970s called (and) want their discotrees back."
- "A Tree of Life walks into a bar. The bartender says, 'Hey bud, why the long face?'"
- "A big rock with feathers piled on it."
- "Looks like a pagan hipster to me. It should have a Macbook under one arm and a soy latte in the other."
So there you go, folks. What's your take on the new forms?