TUAW received a tip from reader Jared today, who sent us a copy of an email sent to him from Steve Jobs in response to a question he had asked. We verified the email headers, and it looks like the real thing.
In his email to Jobs, Jared asked if the new Apple TV would accept presentations via an iOS device or a Mac, and told his Steveness "if it will, I will go buy two at an apple store tonight." Jobs replied, "It's all coming soon. Stay tuned."
As Jared pointed out, this could explain why iWork '11 was not included in the Back to the Mac presentation in October. The software suite, which is made up of Keynote, Pages, and Numbers, might be ready to roll except for the ability to beam Keynote presentations to the Apple TV via WiFi. If that's the case, we may see a release of iWork '11 soon.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16