In talking to Gamasutra, Activision's CEO of publishing, Eric Hirshberg, admits that the company needs to "build awareness" for the title -- Hirschberg says Shred was selected as one of the top 12 holiday gifts on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (worked for Kinect!) and is banking on that exposure -- but attributed some of the sequel's lack of commercial success to the fact that, for the first time in franchise history, it's solely being marketed to kids. It's also "a gift-oriented game," he said, which plays into Activision's hopes that more units will fly off the shelves as consumers get to shopping.
For the full interview, a majority of which talks about Call of Duty: Black Ops, hit up the source link below.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One