We can't even count how many Xboxes we churned through in the past five years, with only Microsoft's most recent attempt finally solving some of the machine's egregious noise issues, but most of us stuck with the Xbox all the way through because that's where our friends were. Cute trick, Microsoft, but let's pick a slightly less expensive way to fail for the next generation, alright? Oh, and happy birthday Xbox; we'll meet you at 8pm with the pizza and the wine and the Black Ops... you just bring the sexy.
Want to re-live a bit of the launch day insanity? Check out this little trip down Engadget memory lane:
- Live Xbox 360 shot!
- Engadget's live coverage of the Xbox 360 launch
- Xbox 360 hands-on preview
- Unpacking the Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 gutted!
- Engadget Podcast 053 - 11.22.2005
- Xbox 360 backward-compatibility list (1.0) released
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22
Microsoft Xbox 360