While Hirshberg feels it's too early to say that Shred fell crotch first onto the metal handrail it was trying to grind, Activision will "keep the pedal to the metal" through the holiday season, hoping to score a hit with kids and potential gift-givers.
Clearly that Vans boost across the asphalt (proper metaphor!) does not include any focus on making sure the game gets reviewed and placed on Metacritic. Developed by hard-hit Robomodo, it has only one professional review listed across three platforms. NPD results will be out this Thursday, so we'll see then if Tony Hawk Shred picked up from the 3,000 sales it had in October.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One