While we've touched on the social additions in our weekly AoC-focused column, today's piece from Funcom itself paints a definitive picture of how the new content works. Join us after the cut for Funcom's look at the guild event and horse racing mechanics as well as some exclusive screenshots.
- Treasure Hunt (outdoor only) -- Pick up randomly scattered treasures across the zone for the highest point total.
- Ymir's Hunt (indoor only) -- Freezetag! Run away from the Ymirish or you'll be frozen. Survive or unfreeze others for points.
- Storytelling (indoor or outdoor) -- Take turns telling a story and vote for the finest storyteller over multiple elimination rounds.
- Insult Contest (indoor or outdoor) -- Skilfully insult a given target using the theme provided and vote for whoever you feel is the best at slinging the proverbial mud to give him or her points.
Horse racing is a new feature for groups in Old Tarantia. Any group may pay Marcellus, the racetrack owner, to use his course for whatever race it likes. It is up to the group to decide what kind of steeds (if any) to use for the race. Fancy a race to determine whose mount truly is the fastest? Only allowing horses or any kind of mount like Mammoths, Rhinos, Wolves or Tigers? A race over one lap or two or more? The choice is completely up to the group as it decides what rules apply for its own race.
- Renowned players can learn the dances of other races by seeking out quests across the world.
- Old Tarantia now hosts a VIP Area on the rooftops, complete with drinks, dancing, and fireworks, accessible only by members of the top-ranked renown guild of the week and their guests.
- In addition, an assortment of over 30 new city decorations is also available in Khitai from a few different sources to give guilds even more ways to decorate their cities and make them look truly unique and after the guilds' own tastes.