The demand for greater quality isn't unprompted, as the news came alongside a revision to the company's consolidated results forecast for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2011. Forecast net sales were lowered from 160 billion yen to 130 billion, and operating income is expected to drop from 20 billion yen to 8 billion. Square Enix blamed weak sales performance from console games and "harsh market feedback" regarding a key title.
The title in question may be the lambasted MMO Final Fantasy XIV, which triggered a dramatic reorganization in development staff and an indefinite delay for the PlayStation 3 version.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One