The nice people at GuildOx have collected and passed on their information for the average gear level for groups completing 10- and 25-man raids, and they were good enough to share this information with us. There are several interesting things to keep in mind about these numbers.
- These numbers are from the last seven days and only for the first time a group beat the encounter. Subsequent kills aren't counted in this data set.
- The average ilevel is higher for almost every single Cataclysm raid fight on 10-man than on 25-man. That is, the fights were first overcome by groups in higher ilevel gear on 10-man than on 25-man. Ascendant Council seems to be the only real exception to this rule.
- The ilevels for the groups defeating this content are well achievable, starting at 337 for Omnotron Defense System and Conclave of Wind on 25-man. This is well within the level of gearing achievable through heroics. Even the 10-man encounters don't require much more, starting around ilevel 341.
- There's a lot more data for heroic 25-man encounters than heroic 10s. Some fights don't seem to have had many or any clears on 10 for this data push.
- Heroic Conclave of Wind had 40 kills on 25s and none on 10s, while Ascendant Council on normal seems to be easier on 10s than 25s for some reason.
|1||Heroic: Ascendant Council||8,759||357||357||0||1|
|2||Heroic: Valiona and Theralion||8,720||356||356||0||1|
|7||Heroic: Omnotron Defense System||8,487||350||350||353||23|
|8||Heroic: Conclave of Wind||8,382||348||348||0||40|
|9||Heroic: Halfus Wyrmbreaker||8,130||343||343||346||143|
|17||Conclave of Wind||7,632||341||337||341||5,443|
|18||Valiona and Theralion||7,630||341||339||342||5,838|
|20||Omnotron Defense System||7,553||341||337||341||8,261|
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm has destroyed Azeroth as we know it; nothing is the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion, from leveling up a new goblin or worgen to breaking news and strategies on endgame play.