Touch Revolution Launches TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor Product Line at CES – Projected Capacitive Touch Screen Monitors from 15" to 32"
New Android Systems Also Launching at 2011 International CES
2011 International CES
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Touch Revolution (www.touchrev.com) today announced the launch of TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitors, a revolutionary line of desktop and open frame projected capacitive touch screen monitors ranging in size from 15" to 32" designed to provide the same intuitive user experience that consumers have come to expect in the latest smartphone and tablet devices.
"The TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor line represents a major step forward for OEMs and ODMs looking to offer the type of intuitive multi-touch experience enabled by Projected Capacitive technology that to-date has been limited to smaller screen sizes"
Touch Revolution will be showing a myriad of innovative touch screen product applications with Android and Windows 7 software demonstrations running on TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitors in its booth (#21755 in South Hall 1) at 2011 CES in Las Vegas beginning January 6 including:
* A diverse suite of applications using 21.5" TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitors demonstrating new and innovative ways to engage with content in locations as varied as schools, museums and sports stadiums using software developed by GestureWorks (www.gestureworks.com).
* A dual screen sketch book exploring novel ways to utilize multi-touch touch screens in retail kiosks in partnership with market leaders Frank Mayer (www.frankmayer.com) and Nanonation (www.nanonation.net)
* A simple, engaging, and fun multi-touch application running on TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitors to manage your photos while on vacation using touch screen software developed by PicsWare (www.picsware.com)
* The groundbreaking implementation of Android on a 21.5" TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor on a recumbent exercise bike with an innovative touch screen user interface powered by Touch Revolution's NIMbleTM Embedded Touch Computer.
In addition to 15", 19", and 21.5" models ready for sale now, the Touch Revolution booth will have a demonstration of a 32" wall mounted TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor with embedded gigapixel viewer which allows visitors to explore Yosemite National Park on a touch screen in ways they never could before. The 32" TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor is planned for production later this year.
"The TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor line represents a major step forward for OEMs and ODMs looking to offer the type of intuitive multi-touch experience enabled by Projected Capacitive technology that to-date has been limited to smaller screen sizes," said Touch Revolution CTO and founder, Mark Hamblin. "We will continue to drive the adoption of Projected Capacitive touch screens into any market you can imagine."
The TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor line complements Touch Revolution's other projected capacitive touch screen products which will also be on display in multiple concepts at CES:
* Fusion™ Touch Displays - a lineup of 10", 7" and 4.3" integrated projected capacitive touch screen displays for products such as entertainment systems, white goods, telecommunication devices, control systems and medical instruments.
* NIMble™ Embedded Touch Computers - 10" and 7" embedded Android touch computers combining a projected capacitive touch display with an ARM-based system running Android for OEMs who want a "drop in" touch screen solution when time-to-market is critical.
Visit Touch Revolution's new website at www.touchrev.com to see all the latest information on the TRū™, Fusion™ and NIMble™ product lines.
Stop by Touch Revolution's booth (#21755) at CES January 6 through January 9 to register to win one of ten 21.5" TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitors with complimentary GestureWorks software.
Touch Revolution has offices in Redwood Shores, CA; Holland, MI; Taipei and Xiamen (China). It is an operating unit of TPK USA, LLC whose parent is TPK Holding Co., Ltd., the world's leading supplier of projected capacitive touch solutions. TPK's touch products are found in a large number of market leading smartphone and tablet applications. In addition, TPK has years of experience building desktop monitors incorporating other touch technologies. The TRū™ Multi-Touch Monitor is the confluence of TPK's and Touch Revolution's projected capacitive, industrial design and monitor manufacturing expertise.