Iconic Brand Showcases High Performance Portable Data Storage Tools and Hosts Third Annual "Crack the Code" Contest
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In advance of the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show, Victorinox Swiss Army (VSA), the exclusive marketer of Victorinox USB Flash Memory devices, today announced the launch of new electronic additions to its Swiss Army Knife business-the Victorinox Slim, Victorinox Slim Duo and Victorinox Secure SSD. The Slim line includes advanced USB flash drives-which are available in flight friendly versions-featuring unique designs and colors, slim dimensions, and data storage of up to 128GB. The Secure SSD is the world's smallest 256GB solid-state drive, delivering three times faster read speed and more than double write speed when compared with standard high speed USB Flash devices.
"The VSA brand evolves with the needs of today's modern, multitasking consumer, and our line of secure flash drives are essential products for anyone seeking to protect their professional and personal documents," says Rene Stutz, president of Victorinox Swiss Army USA. "We design each USB Memory product in keeping with the VSA heritage of quality, functionality, innovation and iconic design and are thrilled to demonstrate to all CES attendees our new Victorinox Slim, Victorinox Slim Duo and Victorinox Secure SSD innovations and to build awareness for our entire memory device portfolio."
VSA will be exhibiting at booth #35258, located in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. CES attendees are encouraged to stop by to learn more about new and existing Victorinox Flash USB Memory devices, view interactive demonstrations, and also meet personally with CEO and Victorinox Swiss Army founding family member Carl Elsener.
New introductions that will be showcased include:
* Victorinox Slim and Victorinox Slim Duo-combines portable data storage USB device with VSA's standard pocket knife functions, such as blades, nail files, and scissors, and available in flight friendly version.. Products are waterproof, shock resistant, and available in stylish color choices including red, blue, orange, pink, green and silver. The memory capacity is up to 64GB for the Victorinox Slim and 128GB for the Victorinox Slim Duo
* Victorinox Secure SSD-the world's smallest 256GB solid-state drive, the Secure SSD includes a Swiss Army Knife and offers secure data encryption, in addition to delivering superior read and write speed when compared with other high memory USB drives. Additional features include: Bistable LCD/e-Paper, Graphic display, 96 x 48 Pixel Monochrome; option to personalize text on the display, dynamic power management, 32 bit high speed processor
* Apple Secure-application delivers all functionality in Apple-inspired graphical user interface (GUI), making all VSA product management software products Apple compatible
CES attendees will also have the chance to demo the following Victorinox USB flash drives, each of which is available in flight-friendly versions:
* Victorinox Presentation Master-removable USB flash drive combined with the craftsmanship of a Swiss Army Knife. Device features Bluetooth® remote control for computers, laser pointer, secure data encryption, fingerprint authentication, and up to 128GB storage
* Victorinox Secure-Swiss Army Knife featuring a removable USB flash drive with secure data encryption, fingerprint authentication and up to 128GB storage
* Victorinox Flash-combines all the functionality of a Swiss Army Knife with a USB flash drive offering up to 128GB of memory. As are all Victorinox Memory devices, product is perfect for transporting pictures, music and other files
For product fact sheets and high resolution images, click here to visit the VSA online CES press kit.
In addition to product demonstrations, individuals are encouraged to participate in the third annual Victorinox "Crack the Code" contest-a data encryption competition that challenges consumers, hackers and media to retrieve secure data from VSA's security protected Victorinox USB flash drives. The competition runs for the duration of the CES event, with each entrant allowed two hours to attempt to breach the secure Victorinox USB flash drive. The prize package for "cracking the code" includes $250,000 and an all-expense paid trip to Ibach, Switzerland. Detailed rules and regulations can be found at www.swissarmy.com/crackthecode or visit the VSA booth to sign up and participate.
Media attending this evening's Pepcom Digital Experience!, the country's largest consumer electronics press event which provides a sneak peek at the best new innovations for CES, can see the entire line of Victorinox USB Flash Memory devices and meet with VSA executives on site. The event takes place from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm at Ceasar's Palace Hotel in the Caesars Palace in the Octavius Ballroom.
Victorinox produces and sells unique, high quality products worldwide which are of practical use in differing areas of life: Swiss Army Knives, Cutlery, Timepieces, Travel Gear, Fashion and Fragrances. The head office of the company is in Ibach, Schwyz, in the heart of Switzerland. This is where the founder of the company Karl Elsener first set up his cutler's business in 1884 and, a few years later, designed the legendary "Original Swiss Army Knife".