Speaking to MTV Multiplayer, Bagwell says that the in-game church was "never really intended to be a jab at any particular religion." Instead, it's about "people's illogical thinking about things they don't understand." Even in our own world, technology has gotten incredibly complex in the last 30 years, and while much of humanity's superstition and myth was disproven by the Scientific Revolution, Bagwell says that science has brought the people in Dead Space 2 back around to ritual and faith. "In this complex, futuristic world, people are looking for ways to simplify their lives and put their faith in something that they don't have to think too much about."
That, and the Church of Scientology is notoriously litigious.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One