AppleBitch picked up a tip that the shipping times are getting pretty long for the iPod Classic and that many Apple retailers are simply out of stock. Since the iPod Classic hasn't been updated since fall 2009, we're now seeing speculation that the iPod Classic might be due for a refresh soon. Hardmac reported last month on a new line of hard drives that could indicate the iPod Classic's capacity might go up to 220 GB.
Reinforcing the news, AppleBitch points out that Amazon.com shipping times for the iPod Classic run 2 to 4 weeks. MacStories points out that Best Buy says the iPod Classic is backordered. We'll probably see other Apple sites pick up on these hints, and some solid speculation about when a new iPod Classic announcement will appear.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 136
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (80 GB, Hard drive)
- Audio playback time up to 30 hours
- Video playback time up to 5 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.41 in
- Weight 4.9 oz
- Discontinued 2008-09