There are no further details on what platform the product will be on, leaving the door open to it being something controller-focused like Ubisoft's mega Just Dance franchise or Kinect-driven like Harmonix hit Dance Central. Heck, it could be both; Activision has the cash -- especially after recent unfortunate reductions. Also, depending on how current the information is, there's the slight possibility that the Dance Hero baby got thrown out with the Guitar Hero bathwater.
Housekeeping for such a franchise was already done way back in 2008 when the publisher trademarked Dance Hero. Several years later, with the rise of the dance genre, it would seem the publisher is ready to hit the dance floor.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One