Square Enix has announced that said demo will arrive on the North American PlayStation Network on March 15, a week in advance of the retail release of the full game. Like in Japan, you have to pay for it ($2.99). At least you get an unlockable Aerith Assist Character in the full game for doing so, and you can carry items into the full game. The demo also contains a "unique" scenario starring Lightning.
But that name.%Gallery-118825%
Download the Prologue to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY on March 15, 2011
LOS ANGELES (March 10, 2011) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that DISSIDIA® duodecim prologus™ FINAL FANTASY® will be available for download exclusively on the PlayStation®Network beginning March 15, 2011. The prologue to the upcoming DISSIDIA 012[duodecim]™ FINAL FANTASY for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, this all-new tale focuses on Lightning, the protagonist in FINAL FANTASY XIII. The main game,DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY, will be available at both North American retail stores and the PlayStation®Network on March 22, 2011.
Through DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY, players will get an exclusive preview of Lightning's adventures and see her outside of FINAL FANTASY XIII for the first time. With a rich and complex storyline that can only be brought to life through the FINAL FANTASY universe, the game is a prelude that will enhance the player's experience of the grand battle that lies ahead.
In addition to Story Mode, players can engage in quick battles with a choice of two different difficulty modes in the Arcade Mode. DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY also offers the ability to carry over in-game items to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY. The more accomplishments the players fulfill during the game, the more items they can acquire.
As another bonus, by purchasing DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY, players can unlock the hugely popular FINAL FANTASY VII character, Aerith Gainsborough, as an Assist Character. With unique content and a depth of features, DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY is a must for any fan of the series.
An entire world turned into nothing more than a battlefield for the gods...
Harmony, Discord: two armies of hand-chosen soldiers, summoned to this universe to fight as their tools.
Despite awakening as a warrior of harmony, Lightning is unable to trust her fellow warriors.
Another warrior, Kain, suggests travelling alongside the other warriors to gauge their skills in combat.
· Witness Lightning before the storm: Lightning, the protagonist of the popular FINAL FANTASY XIII, will be introduced to the DISSIDIA series for the first time. Players can enjoy a taste of the latest installment through a unique scenario featuring Lightning that will recount the events leading to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.
· Carry-over items from DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY: Players can continue their journey and have the advantage of carrying over in-game items acquired in DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY for use in DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.
· Unlock a new character: By purchasing DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY, players will also receive the immensely popular Aerith Gainsborough from FINAL FANTASY VII as an Assist Character in DISSIDIA 012[
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15