DellDell launched two new systems this week -- the Inspiron R and Vostro -- but its new Latitudes are up for order as well.
- Inspirons Rs (14R, 15R, 17R) - Beyond the new chiclet keyboards and swappable lids, the new 14-, 15.6-, and 17.3-inch Inspiron Rs are available with a smattering of new Core i3, i5, and i7 processors. The 14 and 15 get AMD 6400M graphics options and the 17R has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M option. (Order pages: 14R, 15R)
- Latitude E5000 and E6000 - If you've been eyeing Dell's new Latitude E series ever since we got a closer look at the new business rugged machines last month, now is your chance. And it looks like there are plenty of deals to be had -- for instance, the E6420 starts at $699 and includes a Core i3-2310M processor, 2GB of RAM, and a 250GB hard drive. (Order page: E5000 and E6000)
HPRemember the two consumer systems HP announced in February? You can grab 'em now.
- Pavilion dv6, d7 - HP's totally retooled its mainstream dv series with aluminum exteriors and chiclet keyboards without jacking up the price too much. For $799 you can get a 15.6-inch dv6 with a Core i5-2410M processor, 6GB of RAM, and a 640GB hard drive. Oh, and adding a AMD Radeon 6490M graphics card will only add $100 to the price. (Order pages: dv6, dv7)
- G-Series - For the most part HP's new budget mainstream systems don't actually use Intel's latest processors, but we figured we'd include the new G-series here since they did just become available. These come in a whole new rainbow of colors and $499 can buy you a 15.6-inch rig with a Core i3 processor and 320GB of storage. (Order pages: g4, g6, g7)
- ThinkPad T420, T520 - Sure, Lenovo hasn't done all that much to the exteriors of its T Series, but there's lots of new tech inside the 14- and 15.6-inch business machines. The T420 has Core i3 and i5 options, while the T520 adds an i7 into the mix. Both are supposed to have NVIDIA graphics options, but unfortunately we're not seeing that choice at the moment. (Order pages: T420, T520)
- Series 9 - We knew this one was coming, but now you can finally order up the Core i5-2537M-powered, duralumin laptop that weighs just 2.89 pounds. We'd suggest waiting on our review that's coming this week before you pull out the plastic! (Order pages: Series 9)
- VAIO C Series - Yes, we are aware those neon colored VAIO CA and CB series laptops can make your eyes bleed, but good news: it also comes in black! Both the 14.4- and 15.6-inch laptops are ready now with new Sandy Bridge Core i5 processors and AMD Radeon 6470M graphics. The $899 starting configuration doesn't include Blu-ray, but it only costs $70 to add the drive. (Order pages: VAIO C Series)