"We want to thank all the fans around the world for your continued support -- it has made Super Stardust HD a top-selling PSN-exclusive and enabled us to keep creating new content for the game even now over three years after its release," wrote Ilari Kuittinen, CEO of developer Housemarque, in the DLC announcement on the EU PlayStation Blog.
Making its debut in Super Stardust Portable for PSP, Impact Mode does away with weapons and outfits your ship with "an experimental new matter-to-energy boost engine technology" -- in other words, "once you activate the boost, you can stay in boost as long as you can hit meteors and enemies with it!"
The mode will be available for Super Stardust HD on March 30 (in the EU PlayStation Store) for €1.99/£1.59. The exact release date ("Spring," for now) and price for the North American release are pending.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25