If you aren't much into the whole gnome thing, don't worry, there's plenty of news to go around. There's a bunch to discuss about patch 4.1, as well as news about patch 4.2, all waiting for in our usual nice tidy roundup. Downtime this morning is from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. PDT, so you should have plenty of time to read up.
Hot news and features
- For $10, you can buy a Cenarion Hatchling pet from Blizzard. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross' quake relief efforts in Japan.
- Children's Week is in full swing, and we have a guide to the achievements, as well as a quick look at some of the new quest rewards.
- Zul'Gurub got you grinding your teeth? Check out our guide to Zul'Gurub for some help! We have a guide to Zul'Aman as well.
- Check out the latest official patch 4.1 patch note updates.
- Check out the patch 4.1 hotfixes for April 26, April 27, and April 29.
- In his latest Dev Watercooler blog, Lead Systems Designer Ghostcrawler opines on the number of abilities players get to use.
- Lead Encounter Designer Scott Mercer recently talked about redesigning the new troll dungeons.
- Ask the Devs round 6 answers are now up. This time, they're talking about guild advancement.
- Mobile guild chat is now on the Android.
- Parents, we have some WoW advice for you.
- Blizzard has released a short story about Vol'jin, leader of the Darkspear trolls.
- Everyone's favorite old grump has a few things to say about dungeon PuGs in patch 4.1.
Patch 4.2 news and previews (Warning! Spoilers abound!)
- Check Blizzard's preview of the new patch 4.2 legendary caster DPS staff, Dragonwrath.
- Ghostcrawler recently gave an interview about patch 4.2.
- Lead Content Designer Cory Stockton offered some more tidbits about the Firelands raid.
- Check out Blizzard's full patch 4.2 Firelands raid preview.
- BlizzCast episode 16 was all about patch 4.2.
- Check out Blizzard's preview of the new patch 4.2 dailies.
- Blizzard's spoiled the epic solo and small group quest line of patch 4.2.
- Blizzard has confirmed that we'll see seven raid bosses in Firelands.
- Check out Blizzard's patch 4.2 tier 12 raid armor preview.
- Blizzard's posted a FAQ about the new dungeon journal feature coming with patch 4.2.
Class news and guides
- Totem Talk discusses Cataclysm restoration shaman raiding. We also have a guide to patch 4.1 for enhancement.
- Lichborne has a rundown of patch 4.1 for death knights.
- Spiritual Guidance has a shadow priest's guide to patch 4.1. We also look at patch 4.1 for healing priests.
- Scattered Shots looks at the patch 4.1 hunter.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors looks at the arms tree in patch 4.1.
- Arcane Brilliance has a look at patch 4.1 for mages.
- Blood Pact analyzes patch 4.1 for warlocks.
- Encrypted Text unravels the subtleties of the subtlety tree.
- The Light And How To Swing It tanks Blackwing Descent. We also a look at patch 4.1 for holy paladins.
- Shifting Perspectives helps you switch to balance.
- Raid Rx looks for the right moment to use Rallying Cry.
Dungeons, items, professions, PvP, and more
- Combat log addons have been causing frame rate issues in patch 4.1. Update or disable your addons to avoid the same fate!
- In patch 4.1, the dungeon finder attempts to place you with people from your own realm.
- WoW Rookie has a guide to patch 4.1 for newbies and casual players.
- Ready Check looks at dealing with a failing second raid group in your guild.
- Blood Sport has a guide to starting a new character for PvP.
- Gold Capped teaches you how to buy low and sell high.
Odds and ends
- Check out the latest installment of Safe Passage.
- This week in Know Your Lore, learn how Rexxar saved the Horde and how the Alliance fare in Southern Barrens.
- World of WarCrafts interviews Blizzard fan fiction contest runner-up Marika Kermode.
- 15 Minutes of Fame interviews Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor on HBO's Game of Thrones TV series.
- The Lawbringer looks at the great PSN crash and what it means for online gamers everywhere.