The purpose of the Mentor System is to unite high-level players and low-level players under a common goal. While being mentored, the mentee receives XP and unrestricted loot drops, while the mentor earns token rewards that can be used to purchase Fabled and Eternal equipment.
Advantages for Mentors: Elyos mentors receive Orichalcum Tokens, and Asmodian mentors receive Circle Tokens, which can be exchanged for Fabled and Eternal armor, weapons, and accessories, as well as other special items.
Advantages for Mentees: Mentees level up faster and easier by defeating difficult monsters and score some sweet loot!
The basic pre-requisite to become a mentor is to be more than 10 levels above the lowest-level character in the group.
Becoming a Mentor
Form a group with a character that is 10 or more levels below the mentor. The mentor selects the mentee, and in the group menu (right-click the mentee's name) selects Start Mentoring. Mentorship ends when either the mentor or the mentee leaves the group.
- Most high-level characters can mentor one low-level character.
- Low-level characters cannot become mentors; only high-level characters can become mentors.
- Mentors do not receive XP, items, or Kinah.
- Mentees receive XP based on the levels of the group members, excluding the mentor.
- Item loot rights are only given to the mentee(s).
Players can use the Looking for Group function (click Shift+V) to find a mentor group or mentor.
Mentor quests can only be completed while acting as a mentor, because:
- The quest item or objective is only available to players who are mentors.
- The mentee must click on the item or monster to complete the quest.
Players can be joined to both a mentor organization and a daily quest organization at the same time; there is no need to quit a daily quest organization to receive mentor quests. When a player is part of both a mentor organization and a daily quest organization, two daily quest icons will appear on the player's user interface.
Sign Up to Become a Mentor
Players level 10-39:
Speak to Georg at Verteron Citadel or Gallum at Altgard Fortress to join a mentor organization. After attaining level 40, the player will leave automatically.
Players level 40+:
Speak with Ziyunia at the Cloister of Kaisinel or Petrarca at the Convent of Marchutan to become a mentor.