"We always knew we would create a proper noir mode with the black & white setting for L.A. Noire considering how much inspiration for the game came from classic noir films like The Naked City and The Asphalt Jungle," art director Rob Nelson told us. "Playing in black & white adds a somewhat nostalgic, cinematic feel to the game, and we'd definitely recommend that players experiment with this setting and see what they prefer best."
That got us wondering: Which mode are you using? For our part, we liked the monochrome look, but kept feeling like we were missing something by not playing in color. Fill us in on your preference after the break.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One