The R18+ rating would allow "virtually no restrictions on the treatment of themes," allow violence to a more liberal degree than the current MA 15+ cap and give the option for sexual activity to be "realistically simulated," according to the draft.
Australia's Home Affairs Minister Brendan O'Connor says the new rules would "bring Australia into line with comparable nations." The federal government and the attorneys-general (including those opposed to the new rating and the ones who feel the government isn't going far enough) will meet in July, when they are expected to reach a consensus to introduce the R18+ classification.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One