This is achieved through territorial control over planets -- your performance dynamically shifts the power balance on these worlds, affecting the pilots in EVE Online. But it goes both ways: events in EVE Online can affect the make-up of any particular world.
On top of that, Dust 514 will have a largely similar economy of that in EVE Online, employing virtual goods and a single person overseer responsible for monitoring the game's economy. And when it comes to expansions, CCP promises free expansion packs, development of which will be fueled by players spending real world money in-game.
Hit the jump for the E3 trailer, and check out PlayStation Blog for more from the game's community manager, James Egan.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25