The Nintendo 3DS has reached the million sales mark in Japan after 13 weeks on the market. Comparatively, Andriasang points out that the DS hit that mark in four weeks, while the DS Lite and DSi took about eight weeks.
Nintendo head Satoru Iwata previously stated that the handheld wasn't performing as expected and the company was planning a push for summer. The company officially announced that it had sold 3.61 million 3DS units globally at the end of its fiscal year in March.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27