While the developers are sure to extract valuable deta from the beta, we're more excited by what internet can learn from the playground presented in Journey. Wrapped in elegant textiles, players travel through a sparse and wondrous desert, choosing to dilly-dally, collaborate or simply go their own way. There's no hostility, jealousy or snark, and even the shouting seems gentle and polite.
Meanwhile, Joystiq's own sources indicate that some people are already playing the beta. NO, PLEASE, go on without us. WE HOPE YOU CHOKE ON EVERY GRANULE.
Update: According to thatgamecompany's Twitter feed, further details of a "very limited" beta will come on Monday via its Facebook page and PlayStation Blog.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25