"Well, as of now, we're not going to make any modding tools, no. If you look at the Frostbite Engine and how complex it is, it's going to be very difficult to mod the game," he said. "Because of the nature of the setup of levels, the destruction and all those things, it's quite tricky. So we think it's going to be too big of a challenge for people to make a mod." Sounds like a dare to us!
Of course, that's not to say DICE won't release mod tools down the line -- just that, as of launch, it looks like you'll have to simply settle for the game you bought.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One