Regardless, our odd itch will soon be scratched by the just-announced Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, a 3DS game that includes dungeons and towns, and has you tapping on the screen to conduct battles. Other details are light in the report (found in Japanese mag Jump and translated by Andriasang), but we know the game will include music and chibi-style versions of characters like Lightning and Cloud from throughout the franchise.
After the break, you'll find a screen from Jump that, while fuzzy, sends the perfectly clear message that this is unlike any Final Fantasy game before it ... as far as we know.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo DS Lite