As its name implies, the DLC parodies several games, which we'll allow you to decipher for yourself in the descriptions after the break (take a wild guess at which game those hats are poking fun at). Gearbox and 2K have yet to name a price or firm release date for the content, only giving it a "fall" window. But if you're really into checking the new stuff out as soon as you can, 2K Games is also holding a multiplayer event at its Novato, CA offices in early August -- the main site has details on how to get involved.
And finally, we'd be remiss if we didn't remind you that if you joined the developer's "First Access Club" before DNF dropped back in June, the pack will be free when it eventually launches. We believe Duke would say, "Hell yeah." (But you know, it'd be all gravelly, because that's how he speaks.)%Gallery-129221% New modes:
"Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato and play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
- "Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don't stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandpit – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children's toys. This map features Sticky Grenades.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn't need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he'll beat off all comers."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One